Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Spanish Woman Claims Ownership of the Sun, Plans to Begin Charging for Use

The Daily Feed Newsletter

A 49-year-old Spanish woman named Angeles Duran has registered ownership of the sun in her name, with the help of a local notary.

Yes, the sun. As in, the actual sun.

The official document attests that she is the "owner of the Sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the centre of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometers."

According to El Mundo, Duran "took the step in September after reading about an American man who had registered himself as the owner of the moon and most planets in our solar system."

"I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law," she said -- although she has not yet figured out how to collect payment from the residents of planet Earth.

At least one citizen isn't ready to pony up for his daily dose of sunshine.


"Aries Dragon" of Texas, writes:

"I cannot pay and I do not foresee being able to pay in the near future. Please discontinue my service immediately. I will notify you when I am ready to resume."

No comments:

Post a Comment